Monday, October 19, 2009

Fun Weekend at Lollie & Poppy's

Rusty headed to Chicago for an AllState conference from Weds-Sun of this past week so Ellie and I decided we would take a trip down south to see Lollie, Poppy, & Uncle "Ayee" as Ellie calls Thomas. We have NO idea why, but she for some reason cannot pronounce his name so he has officially become "Ayee!"
Ellie loved playing in the sand in Lollie & Poppy's backyard! Dad poured some sand in order to try and get the grass to fill-in, but Ellie just used it for playing!
On Saturday, Lollie and I took Ellie to a local farm to see and pet some animals. My parents know the people who own this farm, and they raise "cage free, organic" animals which I think is very cool and rare for South Alabama! First, we got to pet the goats which were very sweet...
Just as I thought, Ellie wasn't in the least bit afraid or timid around them...

We also got to see a herd of sheep. They apparently aren't quite as "people-friendly" because this is about as close as we could get. Ellie is chasing them here!
"Cage free" turkeys...
Then we saw lots of chickens!
Ellie is "calling the chickens"
Cutest of all...baby chicks!!! They were adorable!
Lollie, Ellie, and I also made a quick trip over to Wal-Mart in Bay Minette (25 minutes away and the closest to Atmore) to buy Ellie some toys for when she is visiting. Lollie decided she needed some entertainment. We found this Wal-Mart grocery cart and thought it was so cute! She definitely thought so too and enjoyed "shopping" all weekend!
We're back in Bham safe and sound and glad Daddy is back from his trip!

1 comment:

Unknown said...

Cute pictures! I bet she loved the animals! Miss y'all!