Sunday, October 10, 2010

Another Awesome Weekend

The weekend got off to a rocky start but ended great. I woke up Friday morning with a fever and chills and just feeling awful. I came to the conclusion that it must have been from the TDAP shot I got on Thursday. So fyi to all of you moms out there that if you get a TDAP shot you may feel like absolute crap for a couple of days, but its worth it to keep my baby safe from the whooping cough!! Getting a flu shot at the same time probably didn't help either, but luckily by Saturday afternoon I was 100% thank goodness. We headed down to Atmore Friday evening and then went out to Poppy's cabin on Saturday to watch a little football and celebrate She She's birthday! She had some friends come down to the cabin, and we all had a great time. Her friends are all so sweet and so great to help with my babies!!
Shelby's friend Rose Lynn with my babies...
The birthday girl with her nephew...
Delicious bday cake...Ellie had already started blowing some of the candles out! It took a LOT of effort to keep her from getting into this cake from the time Lollie picked it up Sat morning until we got to the cabin Sat afternoon! The girl loves her some cake.
She She decided her bday couldn't get any better...an Bama loss and a Tiger victory!! Woo Hoo! WDE!!!! We were a happy bunch around the cabin on Saturday...all 12 of us Auburn grads!!
Ellie helped She She blow her candles out.
Poor Bell (Josh's dog) was harrassed by Ellie the entire day and was such a trooper.
I can't believe that I forgot to mention in my last post that my little cheerleader is officially SASSY (paci) FREE!!!!!! Its been 3 weeks now and no paci for this big girl! We are SO proud of her, and she has only mentioned it once. We had gotten to the point where she was only getting it for naps and bedtime and would drop it in her bed when she woke up so that was a start. This is how it all went down...she stayed at MeMe's house for a couple of nights a few weeks ago and went to bed without it and didn't ask for it. So when she got back home we continued to put her to bed without it, and she continued to not ask for it. And that's pretty much it! When she asked about it a week or so ago I just diverted her attention, and that's all it took! I just can't believe how easy its been especially since Baby Brother still has his sassy! I am keeping my fingers crossed that this will last, and we're done. Bedtime is quite challenging, and I'm sure this has something to do with it along with the fact that she is still crawling out like a champ. Bedrails are on order!
Poor Greer...every time we watch football on Saturday and do a little yelling this is how he reacts!
Poor thing just gets so scared any time there is any type of loud noise!
How do you like his little jersey?! I couldn't resist!
Daddy did some dove hunting, and Mr. Riley got some retrieving practice in too.
We are practicing this sitting up thing, and he's getting stronger by the day. I think he'll be doing it all by himself in the next few weeks.
I sure hope so. I love it when they can sit up but can't go anywhere! His sissy sat up at 5 months and pulled up to a standing position at 4.5 months, but he's not quite there. Such a difference in their little personalities! I am LOVING his laid-back style though, and he is definitely going to be our little cuddler!
Lollie with her babies...
This doesn't happen very often b/c some little girl gets jealous and takes up a lot of Lollie's time...
He's just getting so big so fast. I wish I could just make the time stand still sometimes. I am still cherishing every "baby" moment with him because I know before I know it he'll be Ellie's age!
They are so sweet together. I turned around to get a towel out and turned back around and found them like this. She got in the bathtub with him and was "helping" me bathe him.
They're a handfull but SO much fun. We cherish every minute with them both. I guess I'm just having a sentimental day!!!
We're super excited about fall around our house! We're gearing up for more football, Halloween, fall festivals, pumpkin patches, etc!!! The cooler temps were just a tease I guess, but hopefully that awesome weather will be back soon!

One last thing. My cousin Lane has recently gotten into photography and took a few pics of Greer last Sunday after his baptism. She sent them to me last week, and I was amazed! She is SO talented and already taking pics like a professional! These are just a few of the ones she took...

2 comments:

Tara said...

You are right - you better enjoy every single second because you blink your eyes and they're practically grown! :) Loved the post and all the pictures! The kiddos look precious in the shirts!!

Claire said...

love all the pics of the kids, they are adorable!