Monday, July 4, 2011

We're Here!!!!



We made it to Auburn! The move itself was long, hot, and just as miserable as you can imagine it would be, but I can now say it was well worth it! We have gotten settled into our rental house for the most part, and the kids have adjusted very well. Having their aunts, uncles, and cousins right here doesn't hurt! Ellie got to go to Uncle Chad's basketball camp last week and came home showing us how to do push ups! It also doesn't hurt that almost every afternoon we load up in our riding toy of choice and make the 3-minute walk to our neighborhood pool and playground. So needless to say we are loving life so far! I couldn't make it through the weekend without a trip to Mellow Mushroom. I personally think the Auburn MM is the best out of all MM's I have been to! That calzone and Greek salad was just as good as always! We had some fun visitors for the 4th of July weekend...Lollie...and Poppy! Along with our first non-family visitor...Uncle Jimmy. We had a house-full just as I'm sure we will in a few months. Lollie, Ellie, and I couldn't get through the weekend without baking something special. And this little guy climbed up the barstool and popped his little head over the counter to see what was going on...



It looked pretty good to him I think...

He sees his Mama eat cookie dough all of the time so how could I tell him no?!

We made 4th of July cupcakes...

and star cookies! I found a cute recipe in Coastal Living, but it ended up being a little more trouble than anticipated. But it was fun!

Ellie standing in front of our new house...

You can see our little community of houses in the background...

She has been doing a lot of this to G lately...

Usually it is to get him to go where she wants him to go or to get him out of some kind of trouble he's getting into. Sweet little thing just goes with the flow and tolerates it!

We are loving the HUGE sidewalks for walking, running, playing, riding trikes, etc etc! We're sort of digging the subdivision life. We have never lived in a subdivision, and I will say it definitely has its advantages!



Back to the move...I had to get a picture of the ginormous moving truck that showed up at our house!

And this cracked me up. Seems as though we have no shortage of riding toys and baby gear, and this is only 1/3 of it!

And last but not least...the Henigs were so sweet to have us over for one more dinner before packing up and moving. We had a great time, and the kids had a ball.

The babies sitting in Henry's doggie bed!

Hope to be back soon and not stay away so long!

1 comment:

MHenig said...

Yea!!! So glad to see yall there and doing well. Loved the pics at our house.. hysterical that Mary Clark has Greer's paci in her mouth.. typical.. she's such a little stinker! Miss you guys!