This may have been only the 2nd time since we moved to Auburn that we have been in town the entire weekend, and we loved every minute of it. This little guy stays this happy just about all of the time now. Life is good for him!
Speaking of this little man...he is starting to say several words. He actually understands just about everything you tell him but doesn't have much interest in communicating with actual words. Every now and then, he'll point to something and say what it is which reassures me that he is getting it! I ask him all along, "Greer, where is your nose, foot, etc," and he always points to the correct thing so we're good! He seems to be maturing by the minute, and it makes me sad!
Speaking of this little man...he is starting to say several words. He actually understands just about everything you tell him but doesn't have much interest in communicating with actual words. Every now and then, he'll point to something and say what it is which reassures me that he is getting it! I ask him all along, "Greer, where is your nose, foot, etc," and he always points to the correct thing so we're good! He seems to be maturing by the minute, and it makes me sad!
Now, back to our weekend. It did get off to somewhat of a rocky start when on Friday afternoon during Ellie's "supposed" nap, I heard some rumbling around in her bathroom. I walked in to find her standing in the sink, completely naked, with a huge smile on her face along with this all over the place and her body!
That would be paint! I just stood there, completely frozen, and speechless. She then proceeds to say, "Mom, go look in my room at the mess." And this is what I found...
Isn't it beautiful? A true masterpiece. Notice her little footprints all over her rug. Oh, and you can't tell from the picture, but there are nice little splatters of paint all over her SILK bedskirt and some of her bedding. The rug is now in the trash, and I am attempting to blot out the other. Thank goodness it is Crayola and washable! Honestly I wouldn't buy anything else for this wild child. She was honestly so proud of her work! For some reason a sense of calmness came over me, and I didn't freak out. I simply threw Ellie into the bathtub, got her all cleaned up, and then proceeded to clean this mess up along with her bathroom. The entire time I was cleaning it up, she sitting there saying, "Mom, isn't it so cool? Don't you love my art?" Ellie, baby, you definitely keep us on our toes around here. Needless to say the paint has been hidden far, far away from any place she might go!
These just give you a glimpse of what our house looks like. Just a tidbit of what G does to my bathroom during the 30 minutes of me getting ready to go somewhere. On this particular day I also threw away 2 entire rolls of toilet paper that he had proceeded to chunk in the toilet. Makes you a little sick to throw something like that away, but I also threw away a Pottery Barn rug on this same day so when comparing the two I guess the toilet paper isn't so bad.
After all of the cleaning up, we headed to the pool with Daddy for an early evening swim and dinner. Then on Saturday morning, we all headed out together to run some errands. Running errands in Auburn is just so fun for some reason! We hit literally every bookstore in town looking for e's new cheerleading uniform and some other fun Auburn treats were thrown in as well. After that we all got lunch together downtown. This is just such an amazing place to live, and there is always something going on. Saturday afternoon we headed to a customer appreciation event that a local real estate company was hosting. EVERYthing was free, and I mean everything! They had bouncey houses galore, huge blow-up slides, put put golf games, baseball-hitting games, a mini train, popcorn, cotton candy, adult food, and the ice-cream truck was there giving away unlimited amounts of ice cream!









No comments:
Post a Comment