Sunday, December 14, 2008

Christmas Fun

I love Christmas for so many reasons. One of those reasons is that it brings together friends that you don't get to see often enough! Every year at Christmas a group of 11 of us girls from college get together for a girls' brunch on Sat morning and a couples party Sat night. We went from having one child at the brunch last year to having 5 this year!! Luckily the kiddos all behaved themselves which meant a great time for all of us. We did a little ornament swapping, mimosa drinking, and socializing! It was great to see all of you girls, and I am so glad we all were able to get together!
The Mamas and babies. Ellie is the only girl in the bunch!
The boys and their Mamas! Nancy & Wesley (born 9/7), Ryan & Davis (born 9/5), and Mandy & Jackson (born 9/12).
Meghan & Ellie

7 out of 11 of us made it to the party Sat night. We missed you Nancy (poor Baby Wesley was a bit under the weather).

The Briens stayed with us over the weekend, and we were so excited to have Baby Jackson (Sam Jr!) here! Ellie enjoyed meeting her new boy "friend." Jackson is precious and was an angel the entire time they were here. We loved having you all here Mandy, Sam, and Jack!! We got the 2 babies together for a little photo session on Sat. How cute!!


We did have one other major development around here this week too! Last Mon morning I went into Ellie's room around 7 am to get her up and found her like this! Look at that tongue sticking out! She was SO proud of herself. All I could do was laugh hysterically. Great, one more thing to keep us from napping all week!

Now that we've mastered this pulling up to a standing position thing, we like to practice all over the house!

Oh, and last but not least we are finally crawling!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I would have to say today is the official day. She actually crawled down the hall and across the living room several times. I need to figure out how to post a video on You Tube so I can post it on the blog so you can see her in action!

2 comments:

Rebecca Beckham said...

Looks like y'all had a great time! I wish I could have been there to celebrate this year! Miss y'all!

Tara Verdigets said...

How fun!! I love the last pic of Jackson and Ellie. She's already telling him what to do!