Saturday, December 6, 2008

We don't know what happened...

to our perfect little angel who used to go down for a nap so easily. All you had to do is lay her down in her crib, and she would fall fast asleep in no time! Well, Rusty, Shelby (my sister and nanny), and I are all wondering what in the world has happened to that angel! She has either turned into a different baby or is just going through some sort of phase (I hope it's this option for my sanity because I am beginning to lose it). Anyway, a couple of weeks ago we were having a lot of trouble getting her to settle down for a nap so we went in to check on her and found her like this...She mastered the art of sitting up in her crib!

So, that was a short phase that interrupted our naps. Now, I don't know what has gotten into her. Starting yesterday I have resorted to laying her down (and she immediately pops up into a sitting position!) and just leaving her until she cries herself to sleep. So this morning I decided I would have to do that again because I knew she was exhausted. After about 3 minutes she got very quiet so I went in to check on her and found her like this! As you can see I couldn't resist posting this! How pitiful is this?!!!
Again, I am hoping and praying that this is a short-lived phase. Any advice would be greatly appreciated! Rusty and I are losing it!

2 comments:

Tara said...

Both of my girls went through this and thank GOD it was just a phase...not sure why they did it, but I've heard lots o' mamas say their kids did it, too. I almost went crazy both times!! Thankfully there was an end in sight and they went back to loving their naps...and so did I! :)

REBECCA KELTON said...

Talk about fighting the nap! Hilarious and yet not funny at all.