Sunday, January 17, 2010

Happy Birthday Daddy!

Rusty's birthday was yesterday, the 16th, and we had a good weekend celebrating together. Ellie insisted on getting him a balloon at the store on Friday, and Daddy was so excited about it! Ellie was also extremely excited about "Daddy's cake," and she and I had a very hard time not tearing into it all day Friday while it sat on the counter! Finally after dinner on Friday we couldn't wait any longer. Ellie actually couldn't even wait until we actually cut it, and Daddy let her dig in early! We have a tradition of having a pink cake on Rusty's birthday since it's his absolute favorite!



See that cake plate in the pictures above? Yeah, that was one of my favorites. Too bad as of today it's not longer around because of this...

Yep, she broke it today while up on the kitchen island. The climbing had stopped, well gotten better, there for a while, but she's right back to it. After this weekend I have begun to lose my patience and am at my wit's end. I tried moving every barstool on the other side of the room, but she proceeded to slide one all the way back over to the island and climb right up. She thinks it's cute. Me, not so much. There is a story behind the picture above too. Anna Kate and Katherine came over Friday for a little visit, and while AK and I were over in the living room AK looks up and says, "Mandy, Ellie is spraying water all over your kitchen!" I turn to look and run over to find the faucet turned on with the sprayer shooting clear across my kitchen with water going EVERYwhere. And I do mean everywhere. Of course we're all dying laughing so Ellie thinks it's hilarious. 5 towels later AK and I got it cleaned up while Ellie did this in the picture above! AK captured this pic below, and it doesn't even do the flood justice. I mean, water was EVERYwhere! What am I going to do with her?????
Back to the big birthday...Rusty woke up Sat morning on his birthday to a nice breakfast cooked by yours truly.
Ellie's thinking, "wow Mama, I usually get oatmeal or an egg...this is a real treat!"

After 5 attempts to find a babysitter for Sat night, the 3 of us ended up going to Brio at 4:30 and having a lovely birthday dinner together. It's times like those that I would so love to have some grandparents in town! I think Rusty enjoyed every sec of his day anyway! Happy Birthday Daddy! We love you to pieces!!

No comments: