Wednesday, February 17, 2010

22 Months Old!

Which means my baby will be 2 in 2 months. I can hardly believe it! A few things I know I'll want to be able to look back on!
-Talking - that's all you do Ellie! You continue to amaze us with your vocabulary and your ability to put words together and pretty much form your own little sentences now.
-After months of going over colors and saying that everything was "green," you finally know all of them! This is a development that occurred in the last 3 weeks.
-You have several favorite songs...Wheels on the Bus, Twinkle Twinkle Little Star, Ring Around the Rosey, and one that you must sing at school that I haven't figure out yet!
-You are counting to 10 very well (you sometimes skip 3-5, but you have the rest down)!
-You can sing just about the entire Alphabet song.
-You still LOVE playing outside, and this weather has not been fun b/c I have a very hard time explaining why we cannot go out more often.
-You can literally jump up with both feet off the ground. This is impressive to Daddy and me for some reason!
-You are still loving Yo Gabba Gabba and pretty much know by your daily schedule when it comes on!
-I think you are as sick of this cold weather as we are b/c for the past few days you keep telling me you want to "Go beach!" I have no idea where you got this!
-You are loving school now.
-You are starting to play independently very well which is a huge help to your Mama!
-In the last week you have started to understand a bit more about your baby brother. Tonight when I asked you where he was you pointed to my belly and said, "in there."
-You have grown very close to Anna, who is your babysitter that comes every Tues and Thurs. We are truly blessed to have her!
I know there are a thousand more things I am forgetting, but these are the highlights. We love you SO much and can't even remember what we did before you were here!

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Happy 22 months Ellie!! Aunt She She loves you and misses you!

REBECCA KELTON said...

Precious blog post, Mandy! You need to print and put in her baby book. I LOVE that she was saying every color is green. Piper says every color is blue! Isn't that funny! Love to the Prewetts all the way from Nashvegas. ;)

Tara Verdigets said...

Ellie you are getting to be such a big girl! I know you will make a great big sister!