over our sweet baby boy, "Greer!" Or "Russell Greer," whichever you prefer to call him we are fine with since he's both to us right now. We decided on his name a few months ago, but Rusty and I couldn't quite come to an agreement on what to call him so you'll hear a little bit of everything! Ellie calls her baby brother "Russell Greer," and its the cutest thing you've ever heard.
So we are home and doing well. I don't want to jinx us, but so far he seems to be a very laid back, happy, content baby! Rusty and I are a little hesitant to say much more because we are afraid he might "wake up," but we are having a much different experience than we did with his sister in the first few days. I find it very interesting that siblings can be so different!!
It all started at 4:45 am Tuesday, April 20th. Rusty and I headed out the door to St. Vincent's...
Ready to get the show on the road!!
Once we got to the hospital they broke my water around 6:15 a.m., and then we started waiting.
More waiting...I was feeling great since I got my epidural around 7:30 a.m.!
And then at 12:15 p.m., Russell Greer came into the world! Dr. Heath, my OB decided on a 39 week induction due to the fact that she thought he might be a pretty "good-sized" baby. Boy was she dead-on, and I am so glad we went through with the induction since he was almost 9 lbs. I couldn't believe it when I looked at the scale! Ellie was 8 lbs 1 oz so I thought he'd be at least her size or a little bigger, but 8 lbs 14 oz amazed me! Meeting my sweet baby boy!
Our future football player!
On day 1 we decided he looked nothing like his sister, but now he is definitely looking a lot like her.
Here comes Big Sister to meet her Baby Brother! She was SO excited!
She walked in, climbed on the bed with me, touched his little nose, and said, "Hi, I'm Ellie!" It was the cutest thing ever!
She did great!


MeMe with her very FIRST grandson!!
Poppy and Ellie...so sweet...
Getting his first bath, and did I mention he does NOT like to be messed with...that includes diaper changes, wardrobe changes, etc!
Paw Paw Roger holding his new grandson...
Ellie and her new baby...
Aunt She She wasn't going to miss meeting her new nephew!
The Moores came to visit...
MeMe with her grandkiddos...that boy is going to be so spoiled!
Mallory and Ellie...
Uncle Chad drove the girls all the way from Auburn to meet RGP.
Uncle Josh came too!
Ellie can't keep her hands off of him!
Lollie and her first grandson...


Ellie got lots of "treats." Opening her Fufa doll from Katherine Crowe!

Aunt AK came to meet RGP! And we had more visitors that I of course forgot to get pictures of!

Last day in the hospital...getting ready to go home.

We got a big welcome home from Big Sis!
Our new family of 4!
Our future football player!
On day 1 we decided he looked nothing like his sister, but now he is definitely looking a lot like her.
Here comes Big Sister to meet her Baby Brother! She was SO excited!
She walked in, climbed on the bed with me, touched his little nose, and said, "Hi, I'm Ellie!" It was the cutest thing ever!
She did great!

MeMe with her very FIRST grandson!!
Poppy and Ellie...so sweet...
Getting his first bath, and did I mention he does NOT like to be messed with...that includes diaper changes, wardrobe changes, etc!
Paw Paw Roger holding his new grandson...
Ellie and her new baby...
Aunt She She wasn't going to miss meeting her new nephew!
The Moores came to visit...
MeMe with her grandkiddos...that boy is going to be so spoiled!
Mallory and Ellie...
Uncle Chad drove the girls all the way from Auburn to meet RGP.
Uncle Josh came too!
Ellie can't keep her hands off of him!
Lollie and her first grandson...

Ellie got lots of "treats." Opening her Fufa doll from Katherine Crowe!
Aunt AK came to meet RGP! And we had more visitors that I of course forgot to get pictures of!
Last day in the hospital...getting ready to go home.

We got a big welcome home from Big Sis!
Our new family of 4!









This is basically all he does (fine by me)!

6 comments:
He is so sweet. So glad to hear that you all are doing well, especially Ellie, gives me hope for Davis!! Keep us posted!
He's so precious! I can't wait to come see y'all and get my hands on that cutie in one week!
Congratulations! He is absolutely precious, and seeing Ellie with him makes me so excited for you getting to watch them grow up together. I'm telling you, there's nothing in the world like it! You're in for a treat!!
He is absolutely beautiful!! I can't wait to meet him!!
Congratulations! We are so excited for you. He is adorable and I'm so glad he's being a good sleeper for you. Hearing Ellie's sweet little introduction to him made me teary-so sweet! We miss you all!
Congratulations! I am so impressed on how quickly you blogged! He must be a good baby. We missed you last night at Bunko but are all keeping up with you on the blog. Hope you are getting some rest.
Love,
Tori
Post a Comment