Some of you already know, but for those of you who don't, April is a very busy month for birthdays around here! Ellie and I share a birthday on April 17th, and Greer's special day is April 20th. This year I decided that I wanted each of them to have their own party especially since it was Greer's 1st birthday. So, we had two parties in one weekend, and it was very crazy and exhausting but also very fun! We started our weekend off Friday evening with Greer's 1st birthday party! We had a lot of family in town as well as some close friends to help celebrate.





The party would not have been complete without Greer's nanny, Leigh, there!
The birthday boy is standing steadily but not quite walking...
I put together a banner with a picture from each month of his first year. It was so neat to see how he changed from month to month.

Nancy and Marie with 2 of Greer's friends, Matthew and Genevieve...
He loved wearing his hat during cake time!
And he clapped after everyone sang "Happy Birthday!" He was so excited!
He dug into his cake slowly at first...
But it didn't take long for him to get messy!
To say he loved it is an understatement!
"Cake makes me happy!!"
After the cake we had to take him straight to the bathtub, and then he was ready to do some present opening.
Ellie enjoyed helping with opening the gifts.

After a good night's rest it was time to get ready for another party!! We celebrated Ellie's 3rd birthday on Saturday afternoon.
Ellie loves nothing more than candy! All sorts of candy so I thought it would be very appropriate to have a candy theme! The parents may not have appreciated having their 2 and 3 year olds all wired up on candy, but they loved every minute of it!

Another thing the parents probably didn't appreciate...going home with mini bubblegum machines!
The birthday girl all muddied up with crazy, bowless hair...just like her Mama wanted!! :)
She specifically requested cupcakes AND cake, so of course we had both! Lollie and She She made the cupcakes, and I think they did a fantastic job! They were strawberry aka "pink" on the inside just like Ellie wanted. She is very into Pinkalicious these days!


Lollipops in the yard...

She wasn't really into picture-taking...
Greer also made the party in his lollipop attire...next to the ice as always!
He found the bubblegum machines!

Time to blow out her candles!
And her favorite...cupcake time! And check out all of her candy bracelets! Those were definitely a hit!
Uncle Trav braved coming to both parties and even helped out with little G!
They were all so cute sitting there together.
We couldn't have a party this year without getting a bouncy house!Ellie with her buddy Mason...
Jackson made the party!
And so did this cutie...Ellie's friend Katherine...
And one more cutie...Miss Mary Clark!
Mallory too!
After the party there was a lot of sillyness, I'm sure due to lots of candy, cupcakes, ice cream, and cake!! Uncle Josh with his babies...
Poppy was here too!
And.....we all woke up bright and early Sunday morning to celebrate a little more! It was mine and Ellie's birthdays of course! Ellie trying on her new swimsuit she got from Paw Paw for her birthday.
The birthday girls on our real birthday...
We all headed to Mugshots for lunch...
And of course had to get in a few pics of these 2 cuties...


After lunch we had something very special to do with Ellie...go get pedicures!!!!
She loved every minute of it...
From the warm, bubbly water...
to the filing of her nails (which was a little tickly)...
The finished product...hot pink of course...her color of choice!
We had an amazing weekend celebrating all of our birthdays with family and friends. I especially enjoyed my day with Ellie on Sunday. I am looking forward to many years of sharing our birthdays together. I picture lots of lunches out, pedis, manis, and shopping in our future! We are now recovering from this whirlwind of a weekend and gearing up for Easter!
1 comment:
Both parties were SO cute and you outdid yourself as usual! I know you have to be exhausted from all the festivities of last weekend! K had so much fun at E's party and is still telling me how it is ellie's birthday :) OH and I loved the pedi pics! You and E are going to have the best time celebrating your birthdays!
Post a Comment