Sunday, May 29, 2011

Lots to Share!

Well, I will have to say I am glad May has come and gone. We have had some craziness going on around the Prewett house! We spent the better part of it sick...all 4 of us. It started on Sunday with Greer getting a throat virus and really high fever, then by Tuesday, Ellie had it. Both were better by Friday of that week, but on the following Sunday, they both had terrible upset tummies. On Tuesday night of that week Greer woke up having difficulty breathing so I took him into the pediatrician on Wednesday morning to find out he had croup. For those of you who have never experienced croup, I hope you never do. It was very scary, and unfortunately it delayed G getting tubes in his ears by 6 weeks. Back to the sicknesses, by the following Saturday, E's tummy still had not cleared up so we went back to the pediatrician to find out that would be fine, but she ended up having an ear infection in the ear that the tube has fallen out of! I think after that visit I counted 5 trips to the pediatrician's office in a 10-day period. I believe that counts their well visits because we had those in the middle of all of the sickness! After all of that mess, I ended up getting sick for a few days with some sort of virus that included a fever. And Rusty had some sort of bronchial infection in the middle of it all! Now, that is part of my excuse for not blogging for a month. Fortunately we are all well at the moment and doing much better!

Here are my babies when they were sick. Ellie was so great with taking care of her baby brother...
As for their well checkup stats:

Greer's 1-year Stats:
Weight - 23 lbs. 9 oz. - 60th%
Length - 31" - 80th%

Ellie's 3-year Stats:
Weight - 36 lbs. - 90th%
Length - 40 1/4" - 95th%

Once everyone felt better, we headed to Atmore and got a visit in with MeMe, Maw Maw, Lollie, and Poppy! And did I mention that this little guy is walking everywhere?! He started truly walking right at 13 months so about May 20th. He is lovin' life!
Fun at Lollie & Poppy's...

On top of everything I have already mentioned that happened in May, we found out that Baby #3 is on the way and due January 11th! We are super excited, and Ellie is starting to warm up to the idea. She wasn't too thrilled at first, but she seems to have come around over the last week. We also have made the decision to move our family to AUBURN! Given the news of Baby #3 among several other factors, we feel that this is best for our family and are truly excited about this next step in our lives. We love the idea of having Aunt She She and Uncle Josh as well as Aunt Tonya, Uncle Chad, and cousins only 5 minutes away! Being in Birmingham with no family support can be challenging at times so we look forward to having that in Auburn. Things have fallen into place for us to make this move happen. We are in the process of selling our home, and once that is squared away, we will be on our way to being settled in Auburn. Please keep our family in your prayers as we go through all of this transition. Especially my sweet babies!

We also spent a week at the beach with family...pictures of that trip to come! I am off to bed for now to let all of our exciting news "sink in." I am still working on letting it "sink in" myself!

1 comment:

Virginia said...

Congrats on Baby #3! We are sad y'all are leaving B'ham, but I know y'all will be so happy in AU!