Rusty, Ellie, and I went down to Atmore for the weekend to visit with family. Poppy (my dad) built a cabin about 30 minutes outside of Atmore about a year-and-a-half ago on our hunting land, and Ellie spent her first night out there on Sat night despite the fact that I said I would never stay there! The entire cabin runs off of a generator since there is no power out there! Rusty and I actually stayed out there for the first time last Jan, and my poor dad spent the entire weekend trying to prove to me that it wasn't so bad. The cabin "passed my test," and I have to admit I thoroughly enjoy our time there now. There are lots of great amenities to include indoor plumbing, and I can even use my hairdryer with no trouble at all! Not so bad! This weekend we watched a little Auburn football (another disappointing game!), ate a LOT and enjoyed the beautiful, cool weather!
Poppy's cabin
She SO wants to crawl!
On Sunday Ellie got to visit with Momese, her great-grandmother and namesake (Eloise), and also with her Great Aunt Ann. Ann surprised Ellie with a pre-Christmas treat, "Twas the Night Before Christmas!"
The 2 Eloise's

Ann & Ellie
No comments:
Post a Comment