Thursday, January 29, 2009

9 Month Stats and Other Updates...

I feel like we have so many updates! First off, Ellie went for her 9-month checkup on Monday, and she's still growing like a weed! She weighed in at 22 lbs 14 oz and measured 29 1/4 inches. That would be 94th percentile for weight and 93rd for length. I was talking to Lollie, and she reminded me that I was never even on the chart throughout my entire childhood so at least Ellie is on the chart! Seriously, I never made it for weight or heighth so I guess her Daddy's genes are kicking in at least a little. Everything else went great. She only had to get 2 shots including her 2nd dose of the flu vaccine which was a piece of cake compared to the 5 she got at her 6-month appt. So she was only a little puny on Monday afternoon. She actually sat still for a good 10 minutes in her chair watching Noggin. Did I mention how much she loves this chair?! She crawls up in it w/ her blanky and pap and looks up at us like, "do you see me?" Thanks Lollie and Poppy! And also, thanks Daddy for letting us add back the premium channels...we were missing some Noggin around here! Look how engaged she is! Is this bad at such a young age? Sometimes it's the only way I can keep my sanity!

*Rebecca Lamb Beckham...recognize that blanket?? It's Ellie's new obsession!! We thank you for this awesome gift which helps with our "quiet time" right before naps and bedtime!
I wanted you to be able to see the entire picture!
*Please disregard my disastrous living room! And yes, it pretty much stays this way 24/7.

As for her eating...she is doing great! We have introduced so many new things, and we have yet to discover anything this child won't eat. Literally, not one thing! I can't even think of any "favorites" that she has because she LOVES all food! I mean really, everything! She has even learned to do the "more" sign all by herself. I started using "all done" when she was about 4 months old and "more" when she was about 8 months old. Well, about 3 weeks ago she started signing all by herself out of the blue. It's the cutest thing I have ever seen! I was able to capture her in the moment...this is not clapping...it's Ellie's version of "more!"

"More please..."

She usually gets real intense and serious when it comes to food.

"Ok, I've had it! More, now!" "Enough of these stupid pictures!" I just love it!


THANK YOU AVENT!!
So, when I introduced the sippy cup back when Ellie was about 6 months old, she thought it was the coolest thing ever! Now that it's actually time to start transitioning, not so much! I have been really worried lately about her lack of interest. I suddenly had a revelation a few days ago. I remembered that all Avent products are compatible with each other. SO, I took the top from her Avent sippy cup and put it on her bottle and Wa La, it worked like magic!! She had a little "wa wa" in it, and we are going to try her formula like this too! I'm feeling much more optimistic now!






Maybe it's a bit early, but I just couldn't help myself. Aunt She She, Ellie, and I went out for a little shopping this past Saturday, and I got talked into buying Ellie a 3-pack of bows. I LOVE bows in little girls' hair, but I am really weird about letting her wear them too early. I have resorted to letting her wear them around the house because I think it's hilarious!

Some of you may already know this, but my sister keeps Ellie for me every day at our house along with her little friend Mallory, who is just 3 weeks older than Ellie. This arrangement has just worked out wonderfully, and the girls have so much fun together every day. They each have a playmate and look forward to seeing each other. They like to get into trouble together! Going in Ellie's room and taking EVERYthing out of her baskets is such a blast!

Best buds. (Look at that bow)! We won't wear this out in public just yet!


Lastly, we always have bath time right before bed....

Silly girl playing in the bathtub!



And we now have an addition to our bedtime routine. I admit when it comes to taking care of Ellie's teeth I have been a little bit of a slacker. A couple of weeks ago I decided we would add the teeth cleaning to our nightly routine. Well, every time I would try to clean them with a washcloth, the little stinker would bite my fingers! My friend Kelly told me about a little rubber thingy that you put over your finger that has little bristles, and I found one that comes with toothpaste. It works great! Of course all Ellie wants to do is eat the toothpaste!

1st time to brush our teeth!


"Mommy, I got it. I can so do this by myself!"

3 comments:

The Moores said...

Mandy,
What great pictures! Great post! I wish Mallory would love her sippy cup like that! I am glad that the toothbrush worked!

Rebecca Beckham said...

So glad she loves her blankie that I gave her! Love staying updated on everything through the blog!!! Miss y'all!

Jocelyn Smith said...

Griffin and Ford both have an Everywhere Chair and still use them! They are great! And griffin is obsessed with the finger toothbrush, and he probably eats way too much toothpaste, but he loves to brush his teeth!

Ellie is precious and I can't wait to see her again!